Tuesday, May 13, 2008

IPL - Live cricket @ Chepauk

When a group of my frenz decided to skip SET 'max' for a change and go for a live match in the Chepauk this IPL season I was a little concerned, But when the moment arrived I realized that I got my money's worth. Indeed I got much more than that - a once in a life experience of an extravagant event celebrated by billions of people.

I must admit that It was a little difficult for a keen cricket observer like me who always wants to see all action much closer. But this was different there was something more to the normal 'cricket'. The ambiance , floodlights, huge crowd gathered with the sole motive of having a great evening all added to the excitement that was already oozing out.

A chance to see many great players in close quarters was inexpressible. Routing for chennai was very much was all that we did but in a fanatic way added to the glitz of the event.

It was very different from seeing tv, like no commentary , no numerous replays no close up shots although the big screen gave moments that formed a small slice of the apple pie.

All of us got sore throat within minutes of landing inside the stadium bcoz we did everything but eating with our mouth.
The white sea gulls over the open skies formed a picture perfect moment.

Some great music before the start of the match energized the batteries and it looked to me as If everyone wanted to live that moment putting everything else behind.

The marriage of entertainment and cricket was truly a pleasant one etching in some great memories in my mind.

Chennai super kings pondered a great victory over Punjab kings 11 made all that energy much beautiful and as I told earlier It was much more than the money's worth.

This certainly was a great evening to remember for a long time and ironically all these happened in my B'day threw me into one of the beautiful birthdays I ever had.

Cheers !!!!

No comments: