Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Susan..the sensation

Hi.. Blogging after a really long time! But its exciting to do that from the "Silicon valley".

The other day I was watching the Susan Boyle youtube video of her performance in the "Britain's got talent" show and was wondering whats in there that a 100 million(still counting) people have watched it.

When I watched it closely with some attention I liked it. I'm sorry for sounding like a cliche here.

Not that I wanted to tell I am an expert of English music! But I liked it because of the enormously inspiring attitude displayed by Susan which looked deeply natural.

Because being natural in a reality show isn't all that easy!

When she came out on stage people yelled, they made faces, the judges were bored to see her, the organizers were very anxious... Then she started singing.. What followed after that is history. And the events that unfolded in the following days made history.

What made me sit up and take notice of this incident is that people judge people based on their appearance or their dress or their age, which is ridiculous, its like fooling yourself.

The amazing thing to me is that Susan doesnt seem to be bothered one bit by all the hoopla instead she was doing what she came there for. Indeed she sang very well. And thus a superstar was born.

Later the judges of the show even apologised to her for their inference about her.
Even the unsatisfiable Simon cowell seemed to happy!

I am still in awe of her character because she continues to live her normal life and doesnt want to change anything in her life.. despite becoming an intenational rock star in just days.

Its a pleasure to share the video with you all [ Susan Boyle on Larry king's show ]

Part-1



Part-2

No comments: